Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlesLay
Level 8

Roku mobile app not available in your country, I am in the United States

Jump to solution

When I try to download the Roku mobile app o get a message saying it is not available in my country. I am in the United States. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9+. I used the link for the app on the Roku website to go to the app store to download it and got this message. When i go to the Google Android app store directly and do a search for the app, I cant even find it to be able to download it. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesLay
Level 8

Re: Roku mobile app not available in your country, I am in the United States

Jump to solution

I was able to finally figure out what was going on and fix it. I found a setting in the Google ay Store that allows you to select your Country for the Play Store. Mine was still set to Kuwait from a deployment back in 2008 for some reason and had never been updated when I returned to the United States. I went in and had to update it using a credit card with a mailing address in the United States, and voila, it now works. I guess I had never run into an app requiring a specific country of origin that didnt include Kuwait, so I never realized that setting was never changed (and I never knew the setting was there either). You can only change your country once a year. Thank you for the help and maybe this information can help someone else in the future. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6\
boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

Check with your Cell Phone Provider.

Where did you get the Phone and who is your provider?

This is an Android issue.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
CharlesLay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Verizon for both. Seems others have installed it but i cant seem to get it.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

You can make sure you have the latest update for Android.OS.

It should install so theres something screwy with Verizon. Contact them.

0 Kudos
CharlesLay
Level 8

Jump to solution

All of my siftware is up to date. The issue is the app store, Google/Android, doesnt even show the app available and if i go throught the Toku website to access the app store it states the app is not available in my country and will not allow me to download it.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_US

Verizon Support 1 (800) 922-0204

0 Kudos
CharlesLay
Level 8

Jump to solution

I was able to finally figure out what was going on and fix it. I found a setting in the Google ay Store that allows you to select your Country for the Play Store. Mine was still set to Kuwait from a deployment back in 2008 for some reason and had never been updated when I returned to the United States. I went in and had to update it using a credit card with a mailing address in the United States, and voila, it now works. I guess I had never run into an app requiring a specific country of origin that didnt include Kuwait, so I never realized that setting was never changed (and I never knew the setting was there either). You can only change your country once a year. Thank you for the help and maybe this information can help someone else in the future. 

View solution in original post