Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taymay93
Reel Rookie

Roku mobile app blank screen while trying to connect to tv

I’m trying to connect my mobile app to my tv. When I click devices on the app it just shows a blank screen. I see a lot of people saying a message pops up when there aren’t any TVs in range but I don’t get any message it’s just blank. I checked everything I’m not sure what the problem is. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Roku mobile app blank screen while trying to connect to tv

what kinda Router do you have?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
taymay93
Reel Rookie

I have xfinity so I have the XFi 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry if this is too basic a question, but one never knows ...

Do you have your phone's wifi turned on, and is it connected to the same home network as your Roku TV?.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
taymay93
Reel Rookie

Yes I do! I made sure of it last night. Even checked the IP address to make sure. It’s just weird because nothing shows up when I go to devices. I have other roku’s in the house I’m not sure why none are showing up.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Is this on an iPhone? If so, what iOS version? Lots of problems being reported by people using the iOS version of the Roku app lately.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos