Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcarter
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku iPhone App Private Listening No Sound

Jump to solution

Update:  I found a work-around on Reddit.  I was able to get my private listening audio to work on my phone by changing the Audio settings on my Roku device from Auto to Stereo. 

seamus305
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This happened to me before.  And it happened again this week.  

private listening works great except with Apple TV channel.  Netflix no problem, Apple TV problem.  Changing the audio settings fixes it.  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Pegsuewho

Jump to solution

Thanks, I have been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks.  Happened for the first time 2022 with latest IOS updates.  Finally worked immediately: 

0 Kudos
Miklos

Ear buds no longer work only on the Roku app. This has been since around the last update 1-14-22.

Jump to solution

My ear buds  and pile speakers have stopped working  with the Roku app.    They work fine with every other app on my Android phone.  This started around 1-14-22.   When I looked up the last update for the app, it was 1/14/22.   I think they messed up the app on the last update...

Lad2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried your solution several times it doesn’t work for me 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lad2

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lad2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The last Update 15.2.1 on I pad and I phone seems to have fixed the sound problem 

I have auto updates on and last night my I pad updated and now the private listening in roku app works.   
I would suggest to anyone who is experiencing this problem to up date their I pad or I phone. Hopefully this is a permanent fix.

thanks 

0 Kudos
Scooter99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did not fix unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
bruhwhybruh
Reel Rookie

Private listening no longer connecting to bluetooth device

Jump to solution

My devices:

• 43" TCL Roku TV
  • Google Pixel 4a 5g with Roku app
  • Bluetooth speakers

TL;DR Roku private listening feature no longer connecting to bluetooth device, playing audio through my phone speakers.

For the past month I've been connecting my bluetooth speaker to my phone and using it with the roku app's private listening feature. Occasionally the app wouldn't play sound through the connected speaker and would play directly through my phone speakers instead, so I'd have to do one of several things until it worked: turn private listening on and off again, turn the speakers on and off again, restart the roku TV, or restart the roku app. Usually turning private listening on and off was enough.

Now, for the past few days, none of the previous solutions I used will work anymore and the private listening will only play through my phone speakers. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it's still doing the same thing. The roku app and TV are updated to their latest versions. 

This is not an issue with the speakers, playing any other audio from any other source on my phone will successfully play through the speakers. It's only when I have private listening on the roku app that it plays through my phone speakers instead.

Torbuf

Jump to solution

Make sure your phone is on the same wifi network as the Roku. I keep iot devices like Roku on their own separate network to protect my home network from insecure iot devices. Switching my phone to that Wi-Fi worked for me

0 Kudos