Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FamilyD
Level 8

Re: Roku iPhone App Private Listening No Sound

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing that info. That helps provide additional evidence that this might be an iOS 15 related issue.

@RokuDanny-R : any update on the status of this issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I currently do not have an update to provide at this time.

Your patience while this issue is under investigation is appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
blitzkriega
Level 8

Jump to solution

go suck eggs- you must be slow if you think your answers are sufficient- time for an easier job bud… roku not having a help line to call is their cowardly admittance that they know their tech doesnt work- and their technicians are idiots

FamilyD
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny.

Please keep us posted and let us know if there is anything else we can provide or try that might help the investigation. The good thing is that this is 100% reproducible, which is actually quite helpful in troubleshooting.

Is there anyone that has NOT updated their iPhone to iOS 15 but HAS updated their Roku to 8.0.0 or later? I would be curious if 'Private Listening' is still working, because if so, that would tend to rule out Roku 8.0.0 and put the main investigation on what might have changed in iOS 15 that Roku needs to adapt to.

Thanks to everyone that has posted with new or confirming info so far. Every little bit helps.

0 Kudos
FamilyD
Level 8

Jump to solution

UPDATE
I tried the iPhone Roku Mobile App 'Private Listening' feature again this morning, and... IT WORKED!

Since I created this post, iOS 15 was updated to 15.0.2 and the Roku Mobile App was updated to 8.0.1. I'm not sure which update fixed this issue or if they both combined to fix it, but this issue appears to be RESOLVED.

FYI: I confirmed that the Roku Stick+ OS/firmware did NOT update, it is still...
Software: 10.0.0, build 4209-50

So the only variables that changed were iOS and Roku Mobile App version. Hopefully this information helps others as well.

0 Kudos
Aklindgren
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine has not changed. Still Stutters a lot using iPhone 11 iOS 15.2 and Roku 8.? Not seeing any change ther. iOS 14 on iPhone 12 works ok

0 Kudos
UKOR10
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m not getting sound from AppleTV on my Roku app on my IPhone 12 Pro Max.

I get sound from YouTube, YouTube TV, Vudu HDX videos, and probably other apps too, but not AppleTV. Hopefully there’s a solution for this.

0 Kudos
UKOR10
Level 7

Jump to solution

Issue is happening on android app and Roku remote also. 

My fix: updated AppleTV app on Roku. Works now!

Jcarter
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  iPhone SE2 with iOS 15.2, Roku app 8.0.3.3

no audio in private listening.  This was working a couple months ago.  Is there a fix yet?

Jcarter
Level 8

Jump to solution

correction: iOS is 15.1, not 15.2

0 Kudos