Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rezerella
Level 7

Roku forcing to subscribe to premium services

Roku seems to be trying to make end users subscribe to premium services through the remote control app... Not cool, I will be leaving Roku soon if this stupid business practice does not change.  I tried looking for a series that a friend recommended, but when I tried searching, I was prompted at EVERY single letter typed to upgrade to a premium service..... then when I missed a letter, I was brought back to step one... Not cool Roku!  You were supposed to be better than that as an OTT provider.  I once used to recommend you to my customers at my ISP business.... But no more, you just lost cool points.  Boooo!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Roku forcing to subscribe to premium services

Not certain what you mean, but I will admit I never use the Roku search function. Remember that the Roku search can only search channels that allow it. Not all channels permit access, so it's certainly possible the only results are from a subscription service.

Now if the search function itself is not functioning correctly, then Roku would likely appreciate a more detailed explanation on what you are doing, what you expect to happen, and what really happens. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos