Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sachirab26

Roku app

I have a subscription with roku. It’s it roku channel AMC+. I have the app but it’s saying I don’t have a subscription but I do it’s on my hisense tv.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku app

If you subscribed to AMC+ via the Roku Channel, then you can watch AMC+ from the Roku Channel. You can't watch it via the AMC app.

While subscribing to content via Roku is convenient, this restriction/limitation is often frustrating to users who would like to be able to watch via other means. That's why I now only subscribe directly to services, and will not subscribe through Roku again until they change that behavior.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku app

@DBDukes wrote:

That's why I now only subscribe directly to services, and will not subscribe through Roku again until they change that behavior.

Roku is not likely to change this as it is the same with many (all?) 3rd party services/platforms.  I suspect it may be a requirement by all channels when your subscription is with the 3rd party instead of the channel itself because you don't actually have an account with the channel.   

Like you, I only subscribe directly with premium services on their websites.  This not only allows me to view the channel on all the platforms it supports (computer, mobile devices, various streamers), not just Roku, but minimizes the finger pointing (channel >> Roku and Roku >> channel) if/when problems occur.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos