Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku app won’t show videos

The app will show the photos on my iPad with no problem, but tells me it can’t find any videos, when there are in fact many in the same folder. How do I get it to recognize and show the videos?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku app won’t show videos

I just tried it on my iPhone XR without a problem. I did have to give permission for the app to access the phone video library, but it showed all the videos (and music and pictures) on the phone and allowed me to play them on my Ultra 4640.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I’ve tried several times on my iPad and it has no problems with the photos. They pop up instantly. However, it keeps saying “There are no videos” when there are several in the videos folder. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Using Android Roku app on a TCL Roku tv, (both up to date) I can view photos.  Trying to view a video, it starts to load, then it just gets stuck in Loading..........  never plays.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Sealeo wrote:

Using Android Roku app on a TCL Roku tv, (both up to date) I can view photos.  Trying to view a video, it starts to load, then it just gets stuck in Loading..........  never plays.

Yeah, I think I've heard that with some Android users. But not all, so it might be a permissions issue on the phone. I haven't had an Android for quite some time, so can't really advise how to check that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos