Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku app says my Roku does not exist

Jump to solution

I have tried everything suggested here, but my Roku and the mobile app are still unable to connect. A list of all that I’ve done to try and correct this issue:

All of these were preluded by me restarting my roku and phone.

- I unconnected and reconnected wifi on both my phone and my Roku Premiere, and made sure they were both on the same wifi.

- I’ve tried using the IP address from my Roku, and the app tells me my Roku doesn’t exist

- I’ve tested wifi signal strength on both my phone and the Roku, they are both connected to the SAME wifi, and wifi tests have all come back saying there’s nothing wrong with the connection  

- I’ve disconnected my roku from any power source for a whole day and restarted the entire thing, but the app is still saying my Roku doesn’t exist - that there’s no Roku with the IP address I’m entering. YES, I’m entering it correctly.

I’ve taken screenshots and photos to prove that it should be working but there’s no way to contact support for help. I’m honestly at my wits end trying to figure out why it isn’t connecting to my phone. My phone is an iPhone 8 running on ios 13.3.1

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku app says my Roku does not exist

Jump to solution

@killua 

Thanks for the information.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@killua 

Thanks for the information.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried everything, as suggested . . . still the iphone roku mobile app doesnt recognize the Roku Express +

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue on 2 roku devices and a roku TV, all with the ROKU app. happening on 2 different iPhones and my android device. I followed the troubleshooting steps as well and it did not work either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I found another reply that said they simply rebooted their router. I've just done that, and it looks like it resolved the issue for me. Give that a try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks 4 the “reboot the router” suggestion, but my iPhone Roku Mobile App still doesn’t recognize my Roku Express + while it does recognize the other 3 Rokus in the house.  Btw, after the router reboot, I followed all other suggestions while ensuring that the Roku and my iPhone XS Max were on the same network.  Any other ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

SOLVED - MY BAD.  When setting up the Roku Express +, I chose from three WiFi channels: 2 ghz, 5 ghz and 2 ghz (Guest).  Decided to go with 2 ghz (Guest) as it offered the strongest signal among 2 ghz channel choices.  Note that the Express + doesnt provide for a 5 ghz channel.  

So, thinking that the 2 ghz (Guest) channel was an issue, I reset the connection on the Express + for the 2 ghz channel . . . and it worked and I'm now able to view the Express + via the Roku Mobile App.

0 Kudos