Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LGCONTI
Level 8

Roku app removed from Apple Store?

Jump to solution

I just contacted the Roku support through chat because I am trying to update Roku app at my iPhone through Apple Store, and I am receiving a message that app is no longer available, developer has removed the app from Apple Store.
This is from Roku support: “This is to inform you that the Roku app no longer supports the apple and it is not available in the apple store.” “We don't have much information about this. This is not under Roku control.”.
This is very bad news for us (users), anyone has any comment on this?
Thank you,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku app removed from Apple Store

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. Roku has not removed the iOS app. 

The Roku mobile app is available on the Apple Store here. Please be aware that the Roku mobile app is only available in select locations.

For more information regarding the Roku mobile app, please visit our support page How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
fluke
Level 10

Jump to solution

Try uninstalling it and re-installing it.

It is showing up here:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/roku/id482066631?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

[Content edited per Roku Community Guidelines] 

5 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. Roku has not removed the iOS app. 

The Roku mobile app is available on the Apple Store here. Please be aware that the Roku mobile app is only available in select locations.

For more information regarding the Roku mobile app, please visit our support page How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
LGCONTI
Level 8

Jump to solution
Hello, thank you for your reply, but it keeps saying “Roku” No longer Available. The developer has removed this app from the App Store.
I am accessing from USA.

Thank you,
0 Kudos
fluke
Level 10

Jump to solution

Try uninstalling it and re-installing it.

It is showing up here:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/roku/id482066631?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

fluke
Level 10

Jump to solution

@fluke wrote:

We can't advise others of the existence of third party remote control apps on the community forums anymore?  Was that always true and just frequently not enforced?  I wasn't trying to "advertise" for the app or company and don't get any benefit for myself from people using it.  I did want to make clear it was from a third party company and not a Roku officially provided app.

If we are prohibited from advising anyone on the existence of apps that only exist to enrich the Roku community, that kind of reduces the effectiveness of providing the External Control Protocol API to allow third parties to create such apps.  Doesn't it?

I am so confused.  Can someone clarify with an example of the right way to reference this app or if it is even permitted at all anymore?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@fluke Thanks for the note. This may have been a scenario where it was perceived that you were advertising an external product, service, or software, which would be in violation of the Roku Community Guidelines. Apologies for any confusion here—I think this was a misunderstanding. 

Please review the Roku Community Guidelines for further guidance when making posts. If you'd like to discuss external, 3rd party Roku applications, I might recommend Community discussions. 

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager