Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kd2b3n
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku app private listening

Jump to solution

they need this. I am currently using the Sharper image headset for this.

0 Kudos
f29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That was a severe mis-step from Roku corporation.  Intentionally removing any feature voids the purchase, and will result in product returns and warranty claims.  Intentionally removing this feature directly injures Americans with Disabilities, and there's a civil damage multiplier in affect when such action is taken intentionally, as it clearly has been.

marysunshine14
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I see you never received a reply.  

f29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It demonstrates/documents wilful decision to remove product accessibility to Americans with Disabilities post-sale.

Jump to solution

That would be very nice if you guys would make that a feature. I am hard of hearing, but my partners hearing is really sensitive. This means that either I cannot hear the tv, or they are getting a migraine. I would love to be able to have the audio in my phone but they can still listen using the very nice sound bar I bought them.

thanks for reading!

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@Dan49  Hi there! Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, that functionality would not be supported. Using private listening will mute the TV's speakers. 

Another method you might try would be using the Roku mobile app for simultaneous private listening. We allow up to four mobile devices to use private listening at the same time. You could both listen via mobile private listening using this method. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

ccowen

Jump to solution

I have a severe hearing loss in one ear. It would really benefit me to hear sound in both ears simultaneously, much better cognitively for me to process sound. If I could stream to the single hearing aid and hear it through the speakers for the other ear, that would be really beneficial.

Gmayo1024

Jump to solution

Do you know why Roku chooses to not support private listening along with playing audio through TV speakers at the same time?  It seems beyond easy to turn on and so many people would benefit!

marysunshine14
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I gave up trying to get answer from them. The last communication I had with them they would pass my concern on. I guess not enough people interested. Good luck!

0 Kudos
loopy123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD Please (re-)add feature to allow simultaneous remote private listening and TV speaker.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
a1lawng

Jump to solution

I would also like to have the ability to listen on headphones and speakers simultaneously. Anyone who is hard of hearing will agree that this would be a very helpful feature.