Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku app not pairing with Premiere +

I’ve been using my iPad with a Roku app as my controller for 1-2 years now with no problems. All of a sudden on my tv screen it tells me to pair my remote. I don’t have a remote bc it stopped working within a year of purchase. On the app it says searching for device, it shows my Roku so I choose  select devices& then it says unable to connect. I tried unplugging Roku, internet, closing app & reopening all and get the same thing. Again I have no remote so if the app won’t work I cannot use it at all. Any help is appreciated! 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku app not pairing with Premiere +

@CarolineH Thanks for the note. Have you or your ISP recently made any changes to your home network or wireless network, such as changing the network name or password, or adding additional security settings? We'd recommend checking with your ISP to inquire further and confirm any changes that may have occurred. 

If your Roku is not connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device, you will not be able to connect to the Roku mobile app in order to control your device. If you need to enter new wireless network information, such as an updated password or connect to a new network, etc. you will need a physical remote. You can locate replacement Roku remotes on our Accessories site here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Let us know if you have any other questions from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos