Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCBABY20

Roku app not connecting to device

I use the roku remote app all the time works great now in the middle of me using the app i can not connect to my device. Under devices it asks me to wake device even though it is on and it doesn't change from that even after selecting wake device to attempt to connect. I forgot the device and now the device wont even come up under devices on the app. I tried entering manually only to be told that there is no tv under that IP address and i know thats not true. I also reset wifi setting on the tv and still the same issue

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku app not connecting to device

Reboot/restart all your devices (Roku/modem/router/gateway/phone/tablet) and try again.

0 Kudos
Shek
Reel Rookie

This just started happening to me, too, on both my roku tvs. First one, then the other. This leads me to believe there my be a system update that made the device stop being detectable on the network. YouTube also can't detect the TV to cast to, but can connect if I use a code (which might not require it to be on the same network? Not sure).

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Shek wrote:

This just started happening to me, too, on both my roku tvs. First one, then the other. This leads me to believe there my be a system update that made the device stop being detectable on the network. YouTube also can't detect the TV to cast to, but can connect if I use a code (which might not require it to be on the same network? Not sure).

Try rebooting all devices (Rokus/modem/router/gateway/phones/tablets).

0 Kudos
GrierC61

I downloaded Roku app from my Android phone how do I watch tv channels on my phone

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GrierC61

Please be aware that the Roku Channel mobile app will only allow you to access content available on The Roku Channel, as it does not have the full functionality of a Roku device.

For more information about the Roku Channel and watching through the mobile app, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos