Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ganondalf
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert picture settings

Looks that way.  I can't access the majority of settings on my TV, and have things like a soap opera effect and random laggy dimming activating that I don't want, even when the corresponding settings are turned off in the TV settings.  I'm not even asking for ongoing active support.  This TV is less functional and looks worse than it did when I purchased it, because the manufacturer broke it after I purchased it.

If this isn't fixed I won't ever buy from this company again.  It's ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Topdollar82
Reel Rookie

Just bought a brand new TCL tv and now I find out I can't access all the settings? I can't calibrate my TV because the app doesn't function properly.. says Operation Error everytime I go to access the expert picture settings. If this isn't resolved, I'm returning it and going with a better brand. I knew I should have trusted my gut. RIDICULOUS.

0 Kudos
Gmanfore
Reel Rookie

I finally gave up on the Roku people coming through for us.  I am an Android user, so I just deleted the current version of the Roku app on my Samsung Note 10+.  Next, I googled "previous roku android versions", and found version 7.0.2.409945, dated July 16th, 2020.  After downloading and installing that, everything, especially Expert Picture Settings, is available again.  Just make sure to turn off the Automatic Update option on your mobile device, or you'll end up with the messed up version again.  I'm sure IOS users can do the same thing too....

0 Kudos
Topdollar82
Reel Rookie

That worked!!! Thankyou!!! I cant believe we have to turn into detectives to figure out how to access picture settings, but im glad I came here!!! My TV is now calibrated and looks much better. I was ready to box it up and head back to the store so, Thanks again!! I'd advise other Android users to try this as well.

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

That was already a suggestion. I don't want to do that because there is a possibility of malware.

0 Kudos
mjrtoo
Binge Watcher

It doesn't fix the important thing for me, that it's locked in 'motion enhancement' or whatever it's called...soap opera effect.  It's stupidly annoying.

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

A restart didn't fix it for you? I recommend just restarting the TV periodically. Maybe unplugging the TV and then plugging it back in after a few minutes. I've already said it, but I had that too combined with not being able to actually change any TV settings even if it said it was and all I had to do was restart the TV and it was remedied.

0 Kudos

Thank u alot man iv been struggling with this for some time now i really do appreciate this!!!

@spartanjohn113 wrote:

The issue is with the new 7.0 version of the app. Uninstall it and download the 6.3 APK. This will allow you to access the expert settings. Kind of a silly workaround but doable if they're not updating the app with a fix. 

https://apkpure.com/roku/com.roku.remote/versions

0 Kudos
Gmanfore
Reel Rookie

It's a suggestion that works.  As long as you use a reputable site that lists all the previous versions, select the one I did, and you'll be fine, and you'll have your Expert Picture Settings option back.  Otherwise, you can wait for the non-response from Roku.

0 Kudos
Mjaybird
Binge Watcher

I now get operation error when I try to connect to the tv. Says to restart your tv if pdoblem persists. It is not fixed

0 Kudos