Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickyroca73
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert picture settings

I was having the App crash issue when trying to access Expert Settings until today. Working for me no problem now. Display is 75R635, SW 9.4.0.4190, iOS 14.2, Roku App version 7.3.1. I didn't do anything different on tv or the app otherwise. Anyone else having any luck?

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

Re: Expert picture settings FIX!!

I didn't have the same issue as you mention and as I have seen some others mention with the HDR, but with the last update (which was fixed with a TV restart mind you) some like myself were unable to change the TVs settings, and for me it even changed some settings although it hadn't indicated that it did. For me, the image was overly sharp and the motion was off. Good thing that was an easy fix. I will have to check if the expert settings work in a while, but I kind of doubt it. I tried late last night.

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

Just checked. Still doesn't work for me. Same version of patches for TV and Roku app. Only difference is that I have a 2018 55" TCL R617 and I use an Android phone.

0 Kudos
bahajas
Channel Surfer

@rickyroca73  were you using the iOS app whole time or you switched from android to iOS?

0 Kudos
rickyroca73
Reel Rookie

Hello @bahajas I was always using iOS with my iPhone XS. All of the functionality of the app had been working great for me except the Expert Settings, it kept crashing.  Not until a couple of days ago did the crashing stop. Also, the IPQ app works flawlessly for me on this same phone and display. 

I will suggest to try this:

Turn TV on and stay in Roku menu. Open the app and try the expert settings. See if it tells you that you need to be on an input to access. If yes, turn to an input and then try the expert settings. That is the only thing I did differently from my previous tries.

I wish I had a fix workaround but the "verified" solution in this thread is not it.

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

I'm glad it works for you. Hopefully, it'll work for others too that have the same model of TV and ios, and your possible solution works. Unfortunately, it didn't help me. Dang. Question: Did your stuff update and then start working, or it updated, didn't work, then after some time for some odd reason it worked again? Just want to know if you know why it started working.

0 Kudos
HornIt
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  Yeah, I've disabled the auto-updater but it still seems to get updated for whatever reason.  I just keep reloading the old version from my download file. 

When Roku pushed the new overall settings update a couple weeks ago, I couldn't get my TV out of soap opera effect mode either.  The Action Smoothing and related settings were set to off but were obviously stuck on somehow.  I had to disconnect my TV from power completely and then restart for it to resolve the problem after that update.  Roku can't do much right.  Never had a problem until the last year or so, but like most things in 2020, Roku has gone down the tubes.  

Mjaybird
Binge Watcher

Wish I had no issues. I just get an error message and tells me to reset the tv 

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

So, you're still having the issue too? So weird that they would consider this solved. 

0 Kudos
HornIt
Channel Surfer

Do they consider this solved?  I guess that wouldn't surprise me.  One thing is for certain, they don't much care either way.

0 Kudos