Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmanfore
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert picture settings

I haven't been able to access Expert Picture Settings ever since two updates ago on my Android Samsung Note 10+.  I did find I could access them on my Samsung Android tablet, so I've been using that in the interim until Roku decides to listen to us!

0 Kudos
Robertdep83
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert picture settings

@HornIt When you revert the app to the previous version go into the play store, click the 3 dots and deselect auto update. Obviously this isn't the solution we all want, but it's what I have found for now. It seems neither Roku nor Tcl deem it to be an issue worth fixing so all else I know to do is to change future buying habits

0 Kudos
Avantebdaking
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert picture settings FIX!!

How it worked for me was when it crashed it would have an error message pop up, but you can still see the app in the background with picture mode, and gamma etc. And where the picture mode drop down list is it should show which mode the app starts you of in.

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

Yes, I have noticed this the multitude of times going on the app. Unfortunately, (and I don't know why it was selected as such) it wasn't a solution to the problem. When on the expert settings, the error message pops up and it may or may not say it is using 'cool' as opposed to the warm color temperature I use, and if I change a setting on the TV the app will change to say it is using what I've turned it to on the TV, but staying on or quiting and trying again... Well, point is, nothing that I have tried has worked.

0 Kudos
BeefEaster
Channel Surfer

This supposed fix was posted several weeks ago and it doesn't work. 

Please do not list this issue as resolved because it most certainly has not been resolved.

Dsho13
Channel Surfer

This will probably never get fixed at this rate or they'll go the Sony route and wait a full 2 years to address any user interface problems. 

0 Kudos
NTM23
Streaming Star

Exactly. It is really unfortunate that they pretty much said case closed with this issue by saying there is a universal fix, when in fact, at least I assume, most people with this issue have not had it remedied.

0 Kudos
Dsho13
Channel Surfer

This solution did not work. 

Jett7

Re: Expert Picture Settings Menu Vanished From Mobile App?

Not found there either  No color settings to be found at all. Highly dissatisfied. You can stream and all else but its its all going to be blue. Brand new. 

0 Kudos
Mjaybird
Binge Watcher

They fixed the backlighting issue and HDR works great now on any mode. The blacks and color in normal looks great. Roku 9.4 did not fix the app, now it is just trying to connect or wake the tv and gives you an issue message instead of crashing 

0 Kudos