Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrCheap
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert picture settings

Same problem here. TCL 55S525 TV. The only way to access expert picture settings is the app but it crashes whenever I select that option. Tried it on both my phone and tablet with Hulu and HBO, same result every time. Between this and the HBO Max / Peacock nonsense I am really regretting buying a Roku tv. Wishing I had bought an Android tv instead! 

Dsho13
Channel Surfer

I have the same exact problem, I'd really like to access a basic function of my TV but for some reason its functionality is locked behind an all that doesn't seem to be able to.......what's the word... function.

Wvandeurschfait
Binge Watcher

After fruitless waiting on TCL or roku I decided to try it with my dad's Pixel phone and what would you know... it works smh so is the issue with just Samsun, LG, etc....?

Dsho13
Channel Surfer

I'm guessing so, Samsung here. 

DrCheap
Reel Rookie

Possibly.  My Nexus 5x was made by LG and it crashes every time.  My Nexus 7 tablet was made by Asus and it crashes too, so add that one to the list.  I think HTC makes the Pixel hardware for Google.  In any case, it's **bleep** annoying to not be able to access the settings because they are only available through the app and the app crashes.

This and the nonsense with HBOMax has me feeling like dumping Roku and never looking back.  If there was a hint of anything remotely resembling customer support from Roku I might feel differently, but I have submitted emails, posted here, posted it to the app reviews, etc., and Roku has given ZERO reply.  I guess it's just another tech company who thinks they never need to provide any kind of customer service.

Wvandeurschfait
Binge Watcher

I feel you man; In addition to the **bleep** app I'm also part of another thread on here because TCL/Roku decided to **bleep** up the local dimming on game mode with the latest firmware and we've been waiting for a speck of help for a good while now but of course none has been given and we're probably just being ignored. 

0 Kudos
jlittman
Streaming Star

Am having the same problem with a TCL series 6 tv and either a pixel4a or lg k30 phone.  App use to work but no longer.

DrCheap
Reel Rookie

I also posted about this on the /roku subreddit and the roku official account there asked me to pm some details. I sent them in last night and will report back here with whatever I hear from them.

Mjaybird
Binge Watcher

We need this issue fixed if we want a better picture on our tvs 

Luke4

I've been having the same issue since around the late August time frame.  Mobile app crashes upon accessing Expert picture settings.