Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glilly1
Level 7

Roku Ultra - Private Listening not working right

Ok... this is a little odd and I did search the forum to see if this particular topic is already posted and I did not see it.

I just bought a Roku Ultra 2019 edition and have it installed / setup. Everything is working excellent except, I was watching an episode of Chopped Canada on Sling and trying to use the private listening feature...  I get the audio clearly and perfectly for commercials and adds... but not the actual content.

At first, I thought my phone had locked up, but when I unplug the earbuds the audio turns back on on the TV just fine, When I plug the earphones in, my app says switching to private listening... but no audio.  After a short time, another commercial came on and the audio was perfectly clear.. no problems. As soon as it switched back to the Chopped episode... no audio.

I even tried moving the earbuds to the remote (the one that came with the Ultra that has the phone jack on it) and the same thing. No audio during the actual show.

I did try it on other content and it works just fine. So, I'm guessing that only some content has the issue.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Anyone know what may be causing the problem?

To reiterate, Chopped Canada on the Sling app, no private audio during content playback. Audio is fine when listening on the TV.

Very strange. If I find any other content that is having the same issue, I'll update.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
glilly1
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra - Private Listening not working right

Just an update... We found that at least some episodes of Chopped Teen Challenge also won't transmit audio in private mode. Again... Roku Ultra 2019, watching the indicated shows using the sling app. Latest updates on roku and android app. No audio on android app or remote during content playback... But commercials audio works fine.

0 Kudos
wkocken
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra - Private Listening not working right

I have the same issue. When watching Life Below Zero. The ads are the ones you are forced to watch,  you cannot skip forward. For other shows it seems to work fine. I'm using the headphone jack built into my Roku Ultra remote.