Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeganCecil

Roku Private Listening (and remote use entirely) Disconnects every 10 minutes

Only making this because it's yet to be answered. When I use the remote app, my it disconnects the audio every 10 minutes, almost exactly. I started keeping track. It's not other things interfering, as my phone, bluetooth headphones, and standard TV are the only things on. Yes, I have already combed the faq "issues with private listening" as well as other similar questions and couldn't find a really answer. I don't have any battery saving functions enabled on this app. I don't even look at my phone while I'm watching. And I know its not my headphones as they have absolutely no issue with any other apps. I this happened on my last phone (LG G5) and on my current (LG velvet)

I dont know if it's a bug or a very hidden setting that makes the remote disconnect from the device every 10 minutes, its just the near exact timing makes me feel like its something about the app itself. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Private Listening (and remote use entirely) Disconnects every 10 minutes

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or phone app version.

Have you tried restarting both your Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) and your phone and checking if this issue persists?

0 Kudos