Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadsJef
Channel Surfer

Roku Mobile app for Android missing features/ buttons

Jump to solution

My original post about this last week seems to have disappeared (perhaps related to others' postings about issues with the Community postings) and gone unanswered, regardless,  still need assistance with apparent missing options or features or buttons however you'd like to refer to them .

In reading supports advice on how to private listen thru the app the instructions described several buttons that do not apoear in my official Roku app for Android,  specifically the bottom button choices and the features under "more"

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've changed my settings as they suggested but all that still appears at bottom are 3 choices for types of content ("free", "premium" & "live tv)

And under "more" features nothing but signing out and reading various policies and whatnot

So there are no choices for connecting or syncing my Roku Premier stick, cannot access My permium channels like HBO Max or Showtime or Starz

It just doesn't seem like I'm "completely" logged in or that my version of the app is complete

What am I doing wrong? Please advise why I can't see the options to connect as the instructions explain

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Mobile app for Android missing features/ buttons

Jump to solution

You installed "The Roku Channel" app - not the "Roku - Official Remote Control" app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_us

Two different apps - use the above link.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Mobile app for Android missing features/ buttons

Jump to solution

You installed "The Roku Channel" app - not the "Roku - Official Remote Control" app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_us

Two different apps - use the above link.