Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Mobile App/ screensaver not working correctly

I still cannot use the screensaver for more than 1, maybe 2, photos.  Any update on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@iriswiss wrote:

Roku - are you working on a bug fix for this? I find it hard to believe that it's taking so long for dev to get this fix in. I have the latest version of Roku mobile app, IOS 7, etc, and only 1 photo saved at 1% full so that's not the issue. 

Download press your luck game for free play online. This an amazing game to play. I've been reading some online game guides here as well. 

Good thing this is a solved topic. I wont have to wait for solution. Waiting is not my thing when It comes to application that I regularly use. Thanks for helping people like us!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

1. iOS 

2. iPhone 7 Plus - MNQU2LL/A

3. 13.5 (up to date)

4. release version 7.0.0.3

5.Photos are stored locally, on my phone

6. I have tried simply loading 1 photo.

NOTE- I am a SW QA analyst. I have attempted many variations to workaround this issue, with no successes. This feature did work at some point when I first purchased the TV, however it’s been an issue for for some time now as you can see from everyone’s comments.

@RokuTannerD 

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue and just want to delete my screen saver photos but the app won't let me. Frustrating

Next I'm going to try to reset my Roku altogether, but I'm guessing that once I log back in, the photos will still be there. Here's to hoping.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Its been a while since I visited this thread, but here's what I ended up doing and it has worked like a charm. I downloaded an app called "PhotoView for Google Photos". It connects to a folder on Google, so you have to set that up. Then you're able to play any photos in there as your screensaver and you can connect to whichever Google albums you want to, with apparently unlimited number of photos per album. 

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Download Roku mobile app. Open the app and turn on the tv, connect to same WiFi. Then from the mobile app select devices>media>screensavers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Was there a bug fix deployed? 
The steps you provided are exactly what I’ve done to no avail in the past. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Mlopez Yes, we know how it's SUPPOSED to work, thanks.

This thread isn't about HOW to use the screensaver - we're all using it. This thread is about the screensaver not working correctly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Jas4577 

Did the full reset work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@thisissilly  I haven't tried yet. I just decided to use a different Roku screensaver. Let us know if you try! 

0 Kudos