Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StrawHatCrew
Level 7

Roku Mobile App doesn't stay connected

My Roku Mobile App will only stay connected to my Roku until my phone locks. I constantly have to reconnect. Is there anyone else experiencing and is there a fix? My phone I am using it on is an android.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
justkimba
Level 7

Re: Roku Mobile App doesn't stay connected

I came across your post while searching the same issue. Still searching for a resolution.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Thanks for the notes. Please include more details about your current setup, and configuration so we can help take a closer look. 

- What make/model of Android device are you using? 

- What version of Android OS is it running? 

- What specific version of the Roku mobile app do you have installed? 

- Have you double checked your Android device's settings to see if you have any data saving or power saving features enabled that may be constricting app data/usage whenever your screen is locked or the phone in inactive? (These types of features may impact the functionality of any app. )

With more information, we can try to help provide further assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I don't have an Android phone any longer, but I don't recall that problem with a Galaxy S8. And the iOS app is fine as well. Wondering if there's a setting in Android that only allows the app network access when opened. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Erparus
Level 7

I came across this post when having the same issue.
Up to date Google pixel 3 xl, spectrum wifi with great signal, Roku model number 8624X (Phillips Roku TV,) running 9.2.04129.

I have no battery settings that should infere. Ive been booted out of the remote screen in the app before, and when going back it suddenly shows me the connect button again and can't find the Roku. Or, if it displays the Roku in grey, I select it and it just times out while trying to 'wake up roku.' the ONLY work around I've found is to restart my wifi module and try again. It's getting worse by the day and I'm sick of having to jump through hoops to connect to it! Really really hoping for a solution !!!
0 Kudos