Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ip Manually

hello everyone seeing this, I recently got a roku premiere, and im trying to manually put my rokus ip but it not working on the roku app. I wanted to use private listening and I put the correct ip and it doesn't work. help me

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ip Manually

also wanted to say why I dont use my wifi to connect to my roku is because I use my Hotspot for my wifi on the roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Are you using your Cell phone as a hotspot to connect both the  Roku player and your cell phone to the internet?   If so,  I wonder if the cell phones shared internet uses client isolation to protect clients from each other.   If that's the case,   private listening probably isn't going to work because the cell phone can't see the Roku device.

You didn't mention,  are you able to use the Roku app as a remote to control the Roku Player?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

no, im just using my hotspot for the roku, I use data on the phone to use it, and no, it says " A roku device is not found at this ip address. Please check the ip address and try again."

0 Kudos