Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FregiVentum
Level 7

Roku App for iOS Missing Power Button on Smart Sound Bar

Greetings,

When connected to my Roku smart sound bar on iOS, there is no power button available. Is this a known issue or something that is currently in the works?

Attached is a screenshot of the app with the sound bar selected vs. a Roku TV.  The TV has a power button.Sharp Roku TVSharp Roku TVRoku Smart SoundbarRoku Smart Soundbar

Thanks!

Jeff

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku App for iOS Missing Power Button on Smart Sound Bar

@FregiVentum Thanks for the note here. Roku player devices do not currently offer a power button feature. This functionality is only available on Roku TV devices. You can see more about this here: https://support.roku.com/article/231541927-can-i-power-my-roku-streaming-player-on-or-off-

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
FregiVentum
Level 7

Thanks Tanner.

This makes sense to me with normal external devices, however the Smart Soundbar is able to be powered on and off from its remote. Further, through the ARC port on our TV, it also can power the TV on and off.

Attached is a picture of the remote which comes with the Smart Soundbar with its power button.

With all this in mind, do you know where I could direct a feature request to have this added?  It’s annoying to have to keep the Roku remote handy simply to power everything off.

Roku Smart Soundbar OEM RemoteRoku Smart Soundbar OEM Remote

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FregiVentum The power off functionality you're referencing turns your TV off via HDMI CEC, but the streaming player portion of the Soundbar follows the same behavior noted in the article I provided for streaming players. 

You can visit the 'Suggest a Feature' section of the Community to share a request.  

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos