Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku App Crashing After Latest Update

Hi,

I live in a multi-Roku house and since the last update to the Roku Android app, it keeps crashing when going to the Devices screen or I try to select a device from the Remote screen. I've tried a OnePlus 8 Pro, a OnePlus 6T and a freshly installed version on a Samsung Tab S6. All exhibit the same problem, though on some I can't even get into the Remote screen.

From reviews on Google Play, it would appear that I'm not the only one.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&reviewId=gp%3AAOqpTOEfgvj8JcYIFsnITj0H...

Thanks

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku App Crashing After Latest Update

Same here but it's been a few weeks now.

Highlighted
Level 7

I went back to this version 7.1.0.431029 and every thing is working again,  till the fix is found

Highlighted
Level 7

Same happening for me as well as my wife's device.  I am on a Pixel 3a and she is on a Pixel 4.  We couldn't find one of our remotes (we have 6 rokus of differing types) and I went into the app, went to devices and it closed out. Will probably look on apkmirror for the old release and sideload it.  

0 Kudos