Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audiowize
Level 7

Roku Android App Voice Control Not Working

Hello Roku Forum,

On both my andriod phone and android tablet, the voice control function in the Android app no longer functions properly.  In some instances the tone will play for the app to capture my voice command, but often it cuts me off immediately and reverts to the previous screen.  In other instances, attempting to use the voice command function freezes the app entirely.  This worked perfectly last week, but not this week.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
audiowize
Level 7

Re: Roku Android App Voice Control Not Working

I forgot to mention that the device in question is a TCL Roku TV, not the stand alone box.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@audiowize 

Thanks for the note here. Could you please provide more details about your mobile phone, and OS/mobile app software versions, so we can better understand what you're experiencing? 

- Have you tried removing the app, restarting your phone, then re-installing the app once more? 
- What make.model of phone are you using? 
- What version of Android OS are you running?
- Which specific version of the Roku Mobile app do you have installed? 
- When you tap the voice icon at the top of the remote screen, have you tried tapping the voice (microphone) icon in the upper righthand corner once more to see if this allows you to use voice search?  

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
audiowize
Level 7

I have tried removing and reinstalling the app on both my phone and my tablet, but the behavior is the same.  I have pull the battery from my phone to do a hard restart, and I have cleared the application data as well.

The phone is an LG G5 with Android 8.0.0 Kernel 3.18.71
The tablet is an Acer B1-770 with Android 5.0.1 Kernel 3.10.54

On my phone, I am running software version 9.0.0:4151
On my tablet, I am running software version 9.0.0:4151

My issue is when I tap the microphone for the second time to do the voice search, the app either locks up or cuts me off and says to try again.
0 Kudos