Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 3 (4200) Mobile Private Listening ?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3 and the Roku app from Roku, Inc. on a Google Pixel 2 XL running Android 10.  The TV is a Sharp Aquos. 

On the Remote on the Android App, there is no Headphones icon.  

There is a microphone icon but it's not working for voice and if I type in the search "mute volume" it find nothing.  The mic icon is to search for TV show or movie names.

The Android's volume buttons have no control over the volume on the Roku even when the Roku app remote is on screen. 

There is no newer version of the Roku app from Roku, Inc. in the Google Play store.   

App version is 6.0.14.283466  Oct 4, 2019

[Topic moved, title updated to reflect issue]

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku 3 (4200) Mobile Private Listening ?

Jump to solution

@koam Thanks for the question here. Mobile private listening isn't supported on the Roku 3 (model 4200). Only remote private listening with the original remote is supported. This is why you do not see the headphone icon in the mobile app. 

Hope that help clarify! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@koam Thanks for the question here. Mobile private listening isn't supported on the Roku 3 (model 4200). Only remote private listening with the original remote is supported. This is why you do not see the headphone icon in the mobile app. 

Hope that help clarify! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Is it possible to get a replacement remote as the listening control no longer works on my remote. (Uk model if that makes any difference to availability. )
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm wondering this too! I feel stuck. I have 2 Roku 3 devices... And one remote stopped responding to the volume buttons, and the other just doesn't transmit any audio to the headphones at all.

Please...if they can't enable the Roku 3 to push audio through to the mobile app, then we are FORCED to buy new remotes, or new Rokus!?!

This is clearly a problem for many of us...maybe the remotes were defective?

Help.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry to spoil the promotional post but I have a Roku 3 and I was able to listen privately with my Android phone before. After an upgrade it... Ooops! dissapeared. You don´t do that to customers.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, can I know which version of software you have upgraded to?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It used to. Why would it stop. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why isn't it possible for that ability to be added in a future update?? What's so different and (un)special about this device model that it can't work on it, but almost all of the others?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It was many versions, maybe 3 or 4 years ago when you took out the ability to listen to this Roku 3 4200 on my Androif phones. Actual versions are 

Roku software ver 9.3.0 build 4170-04
Android ver 6.3.1.377980

Now I know youre capable of removing functions to the products you sell.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

As a person who wears hearing aids, I think its horrible that they removed the feature that worked perfectly on the Roku 3. It's a great disservice to the disabled community and Roku should reconsider this, especially during a time where many have been sheltering in place due to the current pandemic.