Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackcows
Level 7

Remove Device From iOS App

I helped a friend set up a roku. During the process I added that device to my app. How can I delete thus device from my app? It shows up as inactive and I would prefer to have it gone.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Remove Device From iOS App

"blackcows" wrote:
I helped a friend set up a roku. During the process I added that device to my app. How can I delete thus device from my app? It shows up as inactive and I would prefer to have it gone.

First, verify when you set it up, you didn't add it to your Roku account by mistake. Just take a minute, log in, and check. If it is, then you won't get rid of it as long as that's the case.

Assuming the expected result -- that is, the friend's device is not on your account -- then you'll have to delete the Roku app from your iOS device, then add it back from the App Store.

Once you do that, you should see your devices that are on your network.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
blackcows
Level 7

Thank you so much...you have been a great help for me as I start my Roku adventure Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Cfwinaz
Level 7

"Basil" wrote:
then you'll have to delete the Roku app from your iOS device, then add it back from the App Store.

Once you do that, you should see your devices that are on your network.

This functionality really should be updated for the iOS app. When you long press on the inactive device it gives you options (switch app or wake up from eco mode). The ability to delete from the app should be given as well. Or have it where if a user slides from left to right (or vise verse) the option to delete the device from the app is given. This seems like a standard function and the necessity to delete the iOS app from your phone and reinstall in order to remove devices not linked to your account is very low on usability and quite frustrating.