Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanalette
Level 7

Remote control on cell phone

Jump to solution
Just connected Roku Express to living room tv. I also set app on cell phone. after 48 hrs of setup the remote appeared on phone. I open Roku on phone select a channel and it goes to remote face. cannot watch shows on phone, even though wifi, roku, and cell have same sign in and password. How can I remove remote from phone?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote control on cell phone

Jump to solution

[post moved]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

The Roku mobile app turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. The app also allows you to launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones. You cannot stream 3rd party channels through the Roku mobile app—this functionality is only supported for The Roku Channel. 

For more information regarding the functionality of your Roku mobile app on your mobile device, please feel free to visit our support page: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

[post moved]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

The Roku mobile app turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. The app also allows you to launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones. You cannot stream 3rd party channels through the Roku mobile app—this functionality is only supported for The Roku Channel. 

For more information regarding the functionality of your Roku mobile app on your mobile device, please feel free to visit our support page: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@nanalette wrote:
Just connected Roku Express to living room tv. I also set app on cell phone. after 48 hrs of setup the remote appeared on phone. I open Roku on phone select a channel and it goes to remote face. cannot watch shows on phone, even though wifi, roku, and cell have same sign in and password. How can I remove remote from phone?

If you thought you could watch your Roku on your phone via the Roku app, you were misinformed. It is simply another option for a remote control, although as Danny mentions you can also stream items from your phone to the Roku. 

To remove the remote from your phone, just uninstall the app the same as any other app on your phone. There's nothing to remove from the Roku itself. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos