Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MA80
Level 7

Private listening won’t fully mute

I can’t fully mute the audio while using private listening. Pressing the mute button in the app will drop the sound way down but there is still sound enough to hear everything going on. I’d like to mute commercials without taking my earphones out each time. Is this a “design feature” or is something odd with my headphones?

I’m using a Streambar that has been updated to the latest firmware/software as of Dec 7, 2020. The app is on an iphone 7 software 14.2. My earphones are wireless bluetooth Mpow Wolverine. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Private listening won’t fully mute

@MA80 

Thanks for the post.

Are you experiencing this issue with a specific channel or does this happen on all channels? In addition, does this happen with a specific piece of content or with all content?

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-mobile device brand and model
-OS of mobile device

With more information we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MA80
Level 7

Re: Private listening won’t fully mute

I’m using a Streambar (9102R, S/N: YL005E239579, ID: 2A1095239579) that has been updated to the latest firmware/software as of Dec 7, 2020 (9.4.0 build 4190-95). The app is on an iphone 7 software 14.2. My earphones are wireless bluetooth Mpow Wolverine. 

So far, I have only tried private listening while on one channel. The Amazon Prime channel version 11.4 build 2020092816. I was watching Schitt’s Creek season 4 episode 12 through their IMDb tv. 

I will need to explore private listening through other content and other channels in order to provide further data. My wireless bluetooth Mpow Wolverine earphones are currently charging. 

There is a strong possibility the issue resides in my wireless earphones. I was able to find the wired earphones that came with my iphone 7 and the issue does not present with those.

0 Kudos