Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Private listening stopped working

Private listening has stopped working for all my roku devices on my phone. It works fine on my wifes phone ( both IOS) but just stopped working on mine. I used it yesterday and all three of my roku devices now will not allow private listening just through my phone. 

I have 

disconnected roku for 20 min, and my router, shut down my phone, deleted my roku app and reinstalled, checked my wired connections , turned off all bluetooth connected devices to my phone and still nothing works. I go to click the heaphone button and it will not allow me to click it, if I press enable private listing it till toggle it but after I exit and come back into the settings page it is un toggled again. Help i use this feature religiously cannot figure why it would just stop working for everything and just my phone. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Private listening stopped working

I dont do Apple but check your permissions in IOS or whatever

theyre called and reset your router off/on.

When you reinstall an app it can have settings stored behind.

My guess is its a setting on your phone.

You didnt mention your Roku Model number but the better remotes

these days also have this function.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Private listening stopped working

@nyues88 Thanks for sharing your experience. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please provide more information so we can help take a closer look here. 

- Phone brand and specific model 

- Software version it is running (Android or iOS) 

- The version of the Roku mobile app you have installed

- The name of the streaming channel and content you are trying to use with private listening 

- Have you tried turning your phone's volume level up after you activate private listening by pressing the headphones button from the remote screen?

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos