Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike62
Level 7

Private Listening

Jump to solution

For hard of hearing, can Private Listening from the Roku app be used without muting audio for others?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Private Listening

Jump to solution

@Mike62 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Currently the Roku does not have the ability to utilize both private listening and have audio play normally.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mike62 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Currently the Roku does not have the ability to utilize both private listening and have audio play normally.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
f29
Level 8

Jump to solution

ok.  Please add that to the next firmware & app update.  it is an important feature required for Americans with Disabilities.  

JWM27
Level 7

Jump to solution

I second that. I was looking to see if I could have private listening and tv audio on. I am hard of hearing also and I have to put the sound up which bothers the others in the room (and sometimes not even in the room!!!) watching.

Tags (1)
Kristen2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also agree. My father is hard of hearing he uses private listening when we are not watching TV but we would like to be able to watch tv as a family with a comfortable audio level for everyone. Please add this feature.

Tags (1)