Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

Re: Private Listening with App

I dont know how to find out if my phone is a 2.4 or 5.0?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

There was more than just that I provided you two links. 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz refers to your Wi-Fi signal not your phone. Your modem and a router broadcast to signals. A 2.4 and a 5.0.

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

I found tbe links but both I have done.

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

I have no clue how to find that out.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

So you cleared the app data and app cache on your phone? Your using the Official Roku Remote Control app? Your phone is up to date as well as all the apps? You restarted your phone, Roku and modem? You tried the 2.4 and 5.0 WiFi signals? You have tried other headphones or earbuds? 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Who is your Internet service provider? Which modem or router do you have? Make and model? The Roku Remote Control app is an app. You cannot not change it. It’s released to the public and it works. There’s nothing you can do to change the app or make it work any different. Therefore you need to try everything on your end. 

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

ComcastScreenshot_20220309-080728_Photos~2.jpg

I tryed a Wifi Booster,  I have cleared Cache. I have restared my phone. I have the official app. What else could I do? Could it be the area? Can it be too meny things linked to the wifi. Both my Galaxy A20s and Galaxy S9 I am using one is 3gb the other 4gb. I am not sure why it workred fine till I got my 4gb Phone.

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

Your phone is up to date as well as all the apps?

The new phone that was sent to me I belive is up to date. How do you update apps. I am dumb when it comes to doing certain thing with tech.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

I have exhausted my efforts. There is absolutely nothing you can do to change the app. I gave you tons and tons of things to try and advice. You have not even tried most of them. I'm out. FYI..................It's 3G, 4G and 5G. Those are wireless cell phone signals. Not Wi-Fi signals. 

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

I have given you all the information. I dont see why you still ask the same things. Comcast,  motorola modem.  I am Disabled sorry I upset you when you are trying to help. I will have to deal. Thanks for trying to help.

0 Kudos