Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marlinsfan
Level 7

Private Listening via IOS app and bluetooth earbuds

I have a Sharp Roku TV and an iphone 12 with the latest version of the Roku app. I can connect the phone app to the TV and use the remote in the app to turn on private listening. This allows me to listen to the TV thru my bluetooth earbuds. So far so good. Only problem is that the volume is very very low, even when the volume is turned all the way up on the phone. If I try turning up the volume on the TV remote, it just shows the headphone icon on the TV.

The volume is loud enough if I'm sitting on the couch watching, but if I'm exercising, I can't hear a thing. I've googled solutions and read everything in this community, but can't find the answer.

Can anyone help please? Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lesmikesell
Level 13

Re: Private Listening via IOS app and bluetooth earbuds

Are you turning the volume up with the phone volume buttons or the app speaker controls?  You might need both.   My app volume has approximately the same range as any of the other phone apps.

0 Kudos
marlinsfan
Level 7

Re: Private Listening via IOS app and bluetooth earbuds

Thank you. Using both volumes on the phone and the remote app does not help.

0 Kudos