Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nmm347
Reel Rookie

Re: Private Listening keeps disconnecting

Jump to solution

I’ve tried rebooting and it doesn’t make a difference. 

Hankjesus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Rebooting is not the same as unplugging from power in my experience with a Roku. You need to unplug it so it will find a new channel when it regains power. 

BrandonBob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hankjesus - I have a Android Galaxy S10 running Roku app with earbuds.  Start the app and headphone icon.  Hear sound for 5 seconds then nothing.  No errors pop up.  Power off/on Roku 65R615 TV fixes that?

0 Kudos
Hankjesus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All I can do is share my experience. I never said power on/off. Unplug. Plug back in after 30 seconds or so. That worked for me. I only use the function on occasion. 

0 Kudos
BrandonBob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hankjesus - Thanks for the reply.  Unplugged power to the TV for 30 seconds.  Didn't correct audio cutting off after 5 seconds on the mobile app.  I'll continue searching.

0 Kudos
Nmm347
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. When I said I rebooted I should have clarified, I pulled the power cord and left it unplugged for one minute. Still no luck. 

0 Kudos
Niko737
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Now not only is the sound disconnecting every few minutes, now the video freezes and disconnects every few minutes too. I already made sure to change my battery settings but nothing I do changes anything. It's annoying when you purchase something based on it's abilities and it doesn't work as it should. If my old laptop had an HDMI port, I would just connect my computer straight to the tv instead of using the roku. 

AnkMe
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my tcl75r615 roku tv and iPhone XR while using private listening. It keeps disconnecting. Pauses the video and voice keeps lagging a good second or two behind. Very annoying. 

0 Kudos
CompuPaul
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have also unplugged the Roku for around a minute and tried again.  No joy.  More information, in my case it seems to be a problem with the Android Roku app on my Chromebook.  (This started after the app requested location permission.  I granted the permission, but there's no GPS in the device.) Private Listening continues to disconnect after about 5 seconds for me.  HOWEVER, the Android Roku app on my cell phone can use private listening without problem.  Private listening with the remote also works without problem.  New information for Chromebook users!:

At least on Chromebooks, this appears to be caused by Chrome OS doing internal NAT. After clearing the app data, uninstalling, and reinstalling, the Roku app will no longer connect at all to my Rokus.  See https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Mobile-App/Invalid-quot-IP-Address-Not-Supported-quot-error/td-p/...

0 Kudos
SiriuslySirius
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same exact thing. I’ve done everything that Roku suggests and then some. Rebooting and unplugging every device that is involved. My TV is almost in sight of the router - nothing in between TV and router to interfere. SO annoying. This is one of my favorite features of Roku TVs. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos