Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevin97d

PC waken up when I get into Roku app

Jump to solution

I bought a JVC – Roku Smart TV SI40FR recently and I downloaded the android app but yestarday a strange behavior happened. My computed was suspended and when I got into the roku app to control my tv, my computer automatically woke up. I repeated the procedure many times with my computer suspended and it´s still happening.

Obviously my computer and my tv are connected to the same network but I dont understand why this happens because they are different devices with different OS.

It only happens when my computer is suspended.

Has anyone experienced an issue like this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
germanp

Re: PC waken up when I get into Roku app

Jump to solution

It may happen because when the app starts, it will look for Roku devices on the network, by means of SSDP requests. Maybe some software in your PC is able to listen to those and wakes it up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
germanp

Jump to solution

It may happen because when the app starts, it will look for Roku devices on the network, by means of SSDP requests. Maybe some software in your PC is able to listen to those and wakes it up.

0 Kudos
RobertSydes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The same thing is happening to me. (We just got a new TCL Roku TV.)  What software is likely the culprit?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RobertSydes,

Thanks for reaching out to Roku Community. 

We would like to further understand the issue you are facing. Could you provide more information on your setup and the steps you have taken so far to troubleshoot the issue? For troubleshooting purposes, could you try to disconnect the PC from the same network and see if the issue still occurs?

The more information we can gather, the better so we can look into this further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RobertSydes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I fixed the issue by setting my computer's network adapter to wake the computer only in response to magic packets.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RobertSydes

Thanks for the update. 

It is our pleasure to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort in doing the steps. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is any further assistance we may provide for you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos