Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piipp3322
Level 7

My Roku Express is hijacked

I am using a public wifi system where I live and I believe someone has hacked my account. I cant connect to the mobile app at all. I installed a wifi app on my phone and it showed when I connect to the same wifi system my Express is not what I am connected to. When I try to use wifi direct I only get the screen test. I really some help because I believe someone is stealing from my account or something worse.
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: My Roku Express is hijacked

The majority of public WiFi systems block connected devices from seeing other connected devices. It's a very smart security feature, but it does stop you from accessing your Roku with the phone app. But because of that same security setting it's unlikely anyone is accessing your account. Even if they could access your Roku, they can't see anything so can't even find out a user name for any subscriptions you might have. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos