Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Channels via Mobile App

A kind person recently gifted me the 2019 Roku Express and all is running smoothly. I since learned of the mobile app and installed it on my Samsung tablet. Very cool! When I start it the home location is The Roku Channel and I am able to watch/stream the various content. One does not require the Roku hardware for this app to function. However, I assume one needs to register/create an account nonetheless.

My question: At the bottom of the home page is the 'My Channels' icon. When I clik on it the app displays a full window of the remote control. I was expecting a display showing the 'My Channel' icons (Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc.). Is there a step or setup process I need to do to correct this issue?

-thx

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My Channels via Mobile App

@MourningStar 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When using the Roku mobile app, when pressing the My Channels icon, it should display the channels on your Roku device or RokuTV.

Are you still experiencing the issue that you have described?

For more information regarding the My Channels in the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I manage channels using the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Danny - thanks for the reply. I am not using the mobile app with a Roku device or a Roku tv so I am not sure you understand my issue. As per the op I am using my tablet.

I have not visited this topic until I was recently emailed that there was a reply to my post. I then started up the app and noticed that something has changed. When I go to My Channels the screen no longer changes to a display of the remote control. It now displays the channels (as I was expecting). However, selecting a channel to watch changes the display to a remote control image. I was expecting the selected channel to run. So, one step forward ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MourningStar 

Thanks for the update.

Please be aware that the Roku mobile app will only allow you to watch The Roku Channel on your device (tablet or phone). When you are in the My Channels screen and select a channel, the mobile app is telling the connected Roku device to go to that channel, and the app will then change to the remote screen allowing you to control the channel playing on your Roku device.

For more information about the functionality of the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: Can I control my Roku® streaming device from my mobile device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos