Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlaNatAz
Level 7

Multiple headphones on Roku Premiere?

I just got a new Roku Premiere. I am unable to get private listening work properly and have the sound come out of two separate Bluetooth headphones. They are both paired to my phone and show as active.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Multiple headphones on Roku Premiere?

Thanks for reaching out.

That specific functionality wouldn't be supported. You would need to be using separate mobile devices for each Bluetooth headset, with each mobile device connected to your Roku device via the Roku mobile app. We support up to (4) connected devices using mobile private listening simultaneously via the Roku mobile app. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
gschneid
Level 7

I followed your procedure, and still, only one set of headphones works. The headphones using the Roku remote app on my Kindle Fire picks up the sound from my Roku Premier yet the other headphones using the Roku remote app on my iPad picks up all sound from my iPad (music, etc.) but not from the Roku Premier.

Suggestions, please?

Thanks,

George

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@gschneid

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure the mobile device is on the same wireless network and synced to the Roku device that you are trying to use the Private Listening feature with? Are you trying to use multiple mobile devices to connect to the Roku device at the same time?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gschneid
Level 7

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, we are using two mobile devices, one Kindle Fire and one iPad, at the same time, both synced to our Roku Premiere, both on the same network of our Roku Premiere, both using the Roku remote app. One connects, but the other does not. Initially, the second device shows a green dot, indicating it is connected, then it unsyncs itself and the headphones never connect.

Any further suggestions to make this work will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@gschneid

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos