Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belad
Reel Rookie

Mobile App doesn't recognize my subscription to Acorn TV

Jump to solution

The Roku mobile app on my iPad does not recognize my subscription to Acorn TV. It says I don't currently have a subscription to Acorn TV when clearly I have a subscription when I sign on with PC to Roku.com and check my account subscriptions. 

Is there an issue with the IOS app?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
belad
Reel Rookie

Re: Mobile App doesn't recognize my subscription to Acorn TV

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the Acorn TV app and signed into my Acorn account and everything works. It resolved the issue with watching Acorn TV on my mobile device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@belad-

The Roku app on a mobile device is primarily an alternate means of controlling your Roku device.  The only channel you can access via this app is The Roku Channel.

To access Acorn on your iPhone, install the Acorn app on your phone and log into your Acorn account with that.

Upon re-reading, your subscription is with Roku, not directly with Acorn so my prior suggestion is invalid.

I don't have any subscribed channels through Roku that are accessed via The Roku Channel, but from what I've read, the Roku app only provides access to The Roku Channel itself, but not other subscriptions viewed through The Roku Channel.  I suspect this is because Roku is only licensed to display those subscriptions on the Roku platform, not on other platforms like phones.

If you want to view on other platforms than the Roku (mobile device, Chromecast, fire stick, etc.) you need a subscription directly with the channel on their website, not through a third part like Roku.  Then you can install their app on any platform they support, including Roku, and log into your account directly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
belad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the Acorn TV app and signed into my Acorn account and everything works. It resolved the issue with watching Acorn TV on my mobile device.

0 Kudos