Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Mobile AP volume cutting in and out.

I installed the mobile AP so i could listen to my headphones while watching. It works but the volume cuts out in and out constantly. I have two rokus and it does it on both. I have no issues with sound on tv's. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 7

Re: Mobile AP volume cutting in and out.

I have the same issue

0 Kudos

Re: Mobile AP volume cutting in and out.

Same here. Anyone found a fix? 

@p23741 wrote:

I installed the mobile AP so i could listen to my headphones while watching. It works but the volume cuts out in and out constantly. I have two rokus and it does it on both. I have no issues with sound on tv's. Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 7

Roku app private listening totally useless.

I bought a brand new roku tv for the bedroom on the understanding I could use private listening if I installed the app on my phone. I did so and the sound I get is garbled, broken up and the occasional screech in my ear. Happens with bluetooth and wired headphones, and on all 3 roku devices in my house. I unstalled and re-installed the app twice with same result. All other audio apps on my phone work fine. Is this roku app just garbage?

0 Kudos
Level 19

Re: Roku app private listening totally useless.

All I can tell you is private listening via the Roku app on my Galaxy S9+ and Galaxy Tab A Android devices has been flawless with a TCL Roku TV, Streaming Stick+, and Streaming Stick -- both with earphones plugged into the devices and with bluetooth earphones.

IF this is happening with several Roku devices, the common factor seems to be your phone.  Have you tried removing the Roku app from your phone and reinstalling it?  To be really **bleep** retentive about it, you might power your phone down then back up between uninstalling and reinstalling to be sure its memory gets cleared out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku app private listening totally useless.

Im happy you have flawless performance. I have several other audio apps on my 2 week old phone, and they all work flawlessly. except roku.  I have tried all the obvious things you suggested, and all other audio apps still work flawlessly, but not roku. By the amount of threads on this forum about audio issues like this (too many to count), I would think its pretty safe to say its this app. If you have any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks

0 Kudos