Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whoopdeedoo
Level 7

Limited photos?

Just learning but recently noticed after pressing photos on my Roku Express navigation bar, I only have a limited number from my galaxy s7 phone that I can see on my television screen. The same applies to videos I have taken with the same phone. Any way to "cast" all or most of my photos and videos from the "Gallery" folder?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Limited photos?

Hey there! 

Thanks for the note. Not sure what may be happening here. Have you tried making sure you select all the photos you want to display in the Roku Mobile app when you are setting up this feature, and that all the photos you are selecting are in a supported file format? If so, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app on your phone to see if this helps?

You can check out more information about using the Play on Roku feature here: 

https://support.roku.com/article/208755 ... y-on-roku-

Let me know if you're still running into problems and we can work on gathering additional information and taking a closer look from there. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
whoopdeedoo
Level 7

Thank you Tanner D. I don't think I explained my self very well in my original response to your answer, so I got rid of it and created a new one below.
0 Kudos
whoopdeedoo
Level 7

The Photos+ icon on my navigation bar gives me three options: photos, videos and music. I have over 400 photos on my phone(Roku allows me about 30 to choose from),,,, I have over 50 videos(Roku allows me a choice of 1),,,,,and I have more than 200 songs(Roku allows me a choice of 1)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying. Are the photos/videos that are showing as available to select different than the others in any way? File format, file size, etc? Are the files that are not able to be selected stored on your phone's internal storage, an SD card, or stored in a cloud-based service? If not, have you tried removing the app, restarting the phone, and adding it back once more?  

If that still isn't helping clear up the issue, please PM me with your mobile device make/model, the version of Android/iOS you have installed, the version of the Roku mobile app you have installed, along with your Roku account email address. I'll follow up to gather additional details from there and assist you further. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
whoopdeedoo
Level 7

Thank you Tanner. I'm going to check all that stuff and pm you afterward to tell you that my problem is solved and that You Da Man! You better not be a lady and get me all embarrassed. JKidding.
0 Kudos