Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is it possible to actually view streaming content on a mobile device using the mobile app?

Is the mobile app functionality limited to those of a replacement remote and private listening or can content actually be viewed on mobile devices?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Is it possible to actually view streaming content on a mobile device using the mobile app?

The app is mainly just a remote control equivalent. To view anything on your phone/tablet, you will need the other services own apps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is it possible to actually view streaming content on a mobile device using the mobile app?

@Im53773 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can stream the Roku Channel content on your mobile app. 

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you Danny. I can see now that I am able to stream content from the Roku channel onto my iPhone. i’m also able to do the same on my Amazon Kindle Fire after I uninstalled the app downloaded from their app store, and re-installed the download from the Google Play store. Before that the only functionality was that of additional remote. If I accessed the menu offering channels and selected the Roku channel it would automatically launch the remote screen. Sweet! I’m becoming a bigger fan of Roku all the time. 😊

Highlighted
Level 7

Can you be away from home and still use the mobile app . Or do you need to be on the same WiFi connection as the device

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Apsmile4u1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The only content that you can stream on your mobile device is the Roku Channel whether you are at home or on the go.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I get The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos