Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Invalid "IP Address Not Supported" error

Thank you Mike6377! It took many attempts, but I was finally fast enough to be able to connect... Sadly Private Listening still won't work, which was the reason I wanted it on my Chromebook.

Highlighted
Level 8

I was hopeful Roku fixed the app with their latest update, however @Mike6377 now Roku has apparently "fixed" it so it will not find the device(s) until after it has verified the IP range. Robot Mad It started being able to connect again with your workaround. Still no private listening. Robot Mad

IP address shows in range specified, yet "not supported".IP address shows in range specified, yet "not supported".

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue with me, where is Roku Support?

Highlighted
Level 7

Agreed, why is this still an issue after all this time?  The timing "solution" doesn't appear to be an option for me.  I am still setting it up.  It doesn't even seem to try to scan before telling me my 10.x.x.x address is invalid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a new Chromebook with the Roku App that is giving me the same error message. I want to use the Live TV function and tv shows and movies. I was able to accomplish this by logging into my Roku Account through the Chrome Web Browser. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Good for you.  I don't know what you mean exactly, perhaps.  I just signed into roku from Chrome and then launched the Roku app to the same error.  What IP addressing scheme do you use?

0 Kudos