Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Address issues

Jump to solution

I'm in a hotel and my android phone and my roku Express device aren't connecting.

Its saying IP address not found. When I checked the IP addresses were different.

My phones is (172.17.93.10)

But my Roku device Is (172.17.62.10)

I dont know what to do???

Can someone help....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Hotel networks have a security function enabled that blocks a connected device from seeing any other device on the network. Believe me, it's for your own computer safety, and you wouldn't want it turned off. But because of that, you can't use apps on devices to connect to other devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Guys! i was using my chrome OS to download this and i had the same problem! I don't knowScreenshot 2020-09-30 at 10.23.09 PM.png if this will help but what i did was go to roku on google and i clicked the three dots on the right>> more tools>>Developer Tools>> On the left you will see a phone icon or something like that and press what kind of phone you want then you can have roku just like on your phone then refresh the page and There you go. I don't know if anyone else said this but i tried this and it worked!

0 Kudos