Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mkt
Level 7

I don't have my physical remote, only mobile app and I cannot link roku to WiFi

Jump to solution
I'm away and I've brought my Roku, but not my physical remote, just my app remote. The app keeps saying I need to connect to the WiFi. I've tried doing this manually using the IP number but it still won't connect. The 'remote' will not show up in the app at the point but the Roku home screen is on my TV screen
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dgrace
Level 10

Re: I don't have my physical remote, only mobile app and I cannot link roku to WiFi

Jump to solution

Your roku is still holding your home network settings and, I assume, the app device is connected to the current, local, network. Without the remote you won't be able to control the roku, unless you can modify the router where you are and mimic your home network settings.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dgrace
Level 10

Re: I don't have my physical remote, only mobile app and I cannot link roku to WiFi

Jump to solution

Your roku is still holding your home network settings and, I assume, the app device is connected to the current, local, network. Without the remote you won't be able to control the roku, unless you can modify the router where you are and mimic your home network settings.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos