Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I can't find my Roku box when I wanna stream

Jump to solution

I have an issue please šŸ˜ž someone help me...I have an Roku express box and now b4 I haven't had a problem and now it's like I can't find my box device on my Roku app cause it's stating that it's not on the same network as my phone then when I wanna connect my phone to stream movies etc it's the same can't find my device and I live in a hotel never had this issue til now and I've had this box for a year and some months now I try everything I can think of maybe I could b doing something wrong idk 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't find my Roku box when I wanna stream

Jump to solution

@WillieyĆ­ngWonka wrote:

I have an issue please šŸ˜ž someone help me...I have an Roku express box and now b4 I haven't had a problem and now it's like I can't find my box device on my Roku app cause it's stating that it's not on the same network as my phone then when I wanna connect my phone to stream movies etc it's the same can't find my device and I live in a hotel never had this issue til now and I've had this box for a year and some months now I try everything I can think of maybe I could b doing something wrong idk 

A few things:

1)  You need to restart the AP/modem/router/gateway and the Roku:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

2) #1A may be difficult in a hotel since you most likely dont have access - you'll need to contact guest services and have them reset/reboot the AP/router.

3) The hotel may have changed their network/guess access configuration and may be using a different authentication process - again, you may need to contact guest services about that.

4) You might try the network connection reset either way:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@WillieyĆ­ngWonka wrote:

A few things:

1)  You need to restart the AP/modem/router/gateway and the Roku:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

2) #1A may be difficult in a hotel since you most likely dont have access - you'll need to contact guest services and have them reset/reboot the AP/router.

3) The hotel may have changed their network/guess access configuration and may be using a different authentication process - again, you may need to contact guest services about that.

4) You might try the network connection reset either way:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Screenshots_2021-07-20-17-53-04.png

This is what I was getting I forgot to post this for u to see also I would like to add is when I share my screen to the Roku ExpressĀ± it will go through but the load bar will not more nor show the screen that is on my phone to the Roku Express Plus and mind u I have metro Stylo 6 phone 

0 Kudos