Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randal59
Reel Rookie

I added Roku channel to another TV, with my phone. Will this affect my personal TV viewing?

I wonder if uploading Roku, on another TV, via my mobile phone(with my account) affects my personal TV viewing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: I added Roku channel to another TV, with my phone. Will this affect my personal TV viewing?

All apps added to an account download/install to all devices on the account.   (You cant install an app on just one device on your account - they auto install to all devices on the account).

In other words, if you installed TRC (The Roku Channel) on that device (assuming it wasnt installed previously on any device on your account), then the TRC app would then install to every device on your account.

As far as "affect my personal viewing" goes - the TRC app will now be installed on all of your devices -  the TRC app's "continue watching" list will be the same for every device on your account.

Randal59
Reel Rookie

Re: I added Roku channel to another TV, with my phone. Will this affect my personal TV viewing?

Thank you. So, it would probably be best to have this TV set up on a separate account? This might allow for truly independent viewing?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

If you want different apps/subscriptions available on different devices, then yes.

Keep in mind that any of your Roku Pay-based subscriptions from the first account wont be able to be used on the second account (you'd have to subscribe again - more $$)  - this is also a(nother) good reason not to use Roku Pay to subscribe to apps/services (and instead subscribe directly to the service provider).

0 Kudos