Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan2021
Level 7

How to view subscriptio videos on iPhone

Jump to solution

I have subscriptions to CBS All Access, Hallmark Movies Now, and discovery+ all  subscribed to from within my Roku account. The IOS Roku app does not display the content videos available on those channels. For example I can search "Hallmark Movies Now..." from within the Roku IOS app, but I only get the option to Launch "Hallmark Movies Now..." on the Roku Ultra, not view on Mobile like I do with other channels. No problems viewing any channel, subscribed or otherwise, through the Roku Ultra device on the TV.

The Roku Ultra device and the iPhone are on the same network. The Roku device ia wired to the network and the iPhone is wireless. The iPhone setting for the Roku app is Local Network On.

Is it possible to view subscribed videos on the iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: How to view subscriptio videos on iPhone

Jump to solution

Generally speaking, if you subscribe to a premium channel through a third party (like Roku, Amazon, whatever) you can only view that premium via that third party.  If you want to view on all other platforms supported by that premium channel, you need to subscribe directly with the channel via its website.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: How to view subscriptio videos on iPhone

Jump to solution

Generally speaking, if you subscribe to a premium channel through a third party (like Roku, Amazon, whatever) you can only view that premium via that third party.  If you want to view on all other platforms supported by that premium channel, you need to subscribe directly with the channel via its website.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos