Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cesna_Chow
Level 7

How to upload my photos to screensaver in Roku?

Hey guys.  Morning.  My wife got me a Roku for Christmas and I'm just sitting down trying to figure this thing out.  I'm a photographer, so would like to have my photos used as the screensaver.  I was following the directions I found here: https://www.photographytalk.com/forum/computers/276081-how-to-save-my-photos-on-as-screensaver-on-ro... 

However can't seem to find the answers I was after.  Any tips on how this can be done?  Also are there any file size requirements or types that work better than others?

Thank you in advance!     
6 Replies
ghb51
Level 9

Re: How to upload my photos to screensaver in Roku?

I've wanted to do the same, but as far as i know it's just not possible. There's a thread for feature requests, you might leave a comment there for the Roku devs, maybe they'll implement it in the future.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

There are a few apps in the Channel Store under Photos, that while they aren't specifically called screensavers, include the built in functionality of turning the photos you link to in the app with built in screensavers.

Photoview advertises this, but others might also include it.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Cesna_Chow
Level 7

You would expect this functionality would be built into these things.  Making it easy for us to personalize, after all, that builds greater emotional value when you can see your own photos as screensaver.  

Thank you both for your answers.  BTW Jeff - you mentioned there are apps that do this, would you happen to know what they are called?  
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Photoview advertises it.. others might have it built in..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

I have a Premiere Plus & a Roku 2 (4210). Why not just use the Roku Media Player, which plays photos, music, video? I have mp3s and jpgs in separate folders on a USB flash drive plugged into my $40 N600 Belkin router. Can play jpg slideshow and vary jpg time (slow, med, fast), shuffle on or off, photo info on or off. If your not going to be watching a particular app (such as Netflix) long enough to view some photos, surely you have 17 seconds which is the time it takes me to start a RMP slideshow; plus you can exit the slideshow in 1 second (hit remote HOME button). Roku screensaver quickest start time is 1 minute, I have mine on 5 minutes.

My Sony TV has a media player which can play mp3s while displaying a slideshow; or play mp3s; or view jpgs.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 10

Because that means starting another channel instead of just having them show up the rest of the time. It's not a huge deal, but it's certainly not a screen saver.