Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lcsjc19

Re: How to fix iPhone app not connecting to Roku TV

“Read the room pal”… 😂😂😂 dead.

mine used to work fine. Then our daughters Xbox crashed, so we let her use our Roku from the living room in her bedroom. She got a new Xbox for Christmas. Today we reconnected the Roku in the living room, but she had the remote in her room and was still asleep. So I told my husband no big deal I can use my phone, SUPER big deal my phone can’t find my device. I’m running the latest version of iOS as well. Ridiculous people wanna talk about airplay but they don’t understand. We are not talking about AirPlay. I can’t stand it when somebody involves himself in a conversation they know absolutely nothing about , thank you for the laugh though, I needed it. This is super frustrating. When companies make as much money as these guys do, don’t bother to fix the simple things…. It irks my nerves to no end. 

Catcher8

Iphone and ipad apps suddenly does not see tcl roku tv.  It used to, but no longer does

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Catcher8,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue with the Roku mobile app that is not finding your Roku device. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

As a first step, we recommend making sure to use the Roku mobile app to connect to your Roku device, you must connect your mobile device to the same wireless network.

If your Roku device does not appear on the discovery screen, learn why the Roku mobile app may not be able to find your Roku device.

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tribe209

My fix for this is to go to your network settings on the tv and just hit check connection. Once it’s done it let’s me screen mirror everytime.

GMBK

After trying everything else in this thread, your suggestion worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos